Let’s not faff around:
I have succeeded in:
- Daily languages and daily videos in June
- refreshing grammar
- read novels (Bonjour Tristesse and I read half of Candide and half of La Maîtresse de Brecht, so I think the plural counts)
- trying out memrise (hated it)
- completing beginner babbel
- getting into other resources (mainly the Russian Tutor book, Russlan 1 and 2 and a couple of others)
- my handwriting did improve a bit
- my Teach Yourself books have been well used and I’ve refreshed my duolingo
- I did complete the Language Hacking Book and about half of Complete Teach Yourself Spanish, as well as taking bi-weekly lessons throughout June, and having a lot of speaking practice over the rest of the summer
- … I started ladder Spanish and Italian, especially on duo lingo and in my notes, and that turned out to be the most productive thing for both languages
- I did the majority of the Language Hacking Book, and have a reasonable grasp of the language, and I think I could pick it back up fairly easily if I wanted to (now is just not the time)
- YEEEEEEEEEES. (I’ll write a separate update post)
While I didn’t get everything done that I wanted to, especially with Spanish, Italian, German and Swedish, I set myself a lot of goals.
Most importantly, this has been such a lovely summer, and I am incredibly happy at the end of it.